jueves, 13 de marzo de 2008

the creation of the femi-buddhist

I'm sure the term femi-nazi is pretty well-known, or at the very least has dispersed itself far enough to reach the ears of those in favor of male supremacy or a true balance between the genders. Though I have to agree with the general opinion that femi-nazis are out to destroy men and place females at the center of everything, at the same time, I have to wonder why the disdain for those who are in favor of women and all humans themselves.

I suppose the disdain is not something that is new or recent. We live in a culture, and world, that centers itself predominantly on the man, his power, his ability to lead both countries and families, and his role as the most important. In smaller words, we center ourselves on the penis, it's shape, and more importantly, it's size. Because, of course, bigger is always better, even if it leads to a severe case of anemia and the inability to please a woman. And we women should always feel privileged to receive this golden bastion of pleasure, because it's the man that can give this to us, not that eighteen-inch super-deluxe vibrator that just came in the mail. Or our fingers even.

What are we good for? Having a tight, wet hole in between our legs. That's it. Congratulations, woman-kind, we've found the answer to life.

Now, I'm not about to argue about how unfair this is, how women are SO much better than men, and so on and so forth and this is boring I'm falling asleep. I'm here because some time ago, I called the curtains on my previous venture into the insanity, Can't you just fix me? Recently, though, I had gotten to do some thinking. In terms of the very broad subject of gender and who goes first, most people seem to believe that either men are better or women are better. There's really just no middle ground. Me? Well, I've always liked to believe that I'm a humanist. I think each human being is no better or worse than the other, only in terms of the constructions society has placed on us. Which, therefore, just complicates everything.

But, being a humanist doesn't make for a very attractive blog, so I have coined the term femi-buddhist. Some asshat probably beat me to the punch already, but I'll just carry on for the moment. I'd like to think that, no matter what gender you are, each one has their own particularities that deserve to be critiqued and beaten to the ground. Unless you want to do the woman thing and manipulate the facts and people to gain the upper-hand. But really, though humor is the backdrop of this blog, what I want to say and express here are things that I feel should be touched upon, over and over again until someone finally gets it, and we reach nirvana.

So here's to the first day of the femi-buddhists. It's going to be a long and bumpy ride.

[Right, so, welcome to the new insanity. As I mentioned, this is a new blog, and it focuses on a new topic entirely. The previous one was just reality twisted by my point of view. This blog will just chew gender debates and spit them out. Delicious. Anyway, I very much appreciate feedback and comments of any sort. If you'd rather not comment here, feel free to email me at inohiwatari@gmail.com, and I'll get back to you. For info on me, check the side bar. Love people.]

0 comentarios: